A products liability lawsuit involves an injury caused by a dangerous or defective product. This can involve dangerous drugs like Xarelto, or defective artificial hips like the Pinnacle ASR metal-on-metal hip manufactured by DePuy, or it can involve seemingly harmless household products that possess hidden dangers. There are various factors that will determine if a company is liable for a product that caused an injury including the following:
- Whether the product was defective.
- Whether the product works for the purpose for which it was designed without causing personal injury.
- Whether the company knew or should have known of a hidden or less-than-obvious danger.
- Whether the manufacturer adequately warned potential plaintiffs of potential dangers.
- Whether the type good is covered the under Uniform Commercial Code (U.C.C) as adopted by Massachusetts.
- Various other reasons not included in this list.